Monday 1 October 2012

Home-made beef burger

I made some burger patties a while back after I got cravings for home-made ones. I wanted to make pork patties at first but was lazy to head up to the wet market and Malaysian supermarkets sadly do not sell freshly minced pork. :( Anyway, I decided making beef patties instead as I have minced beef all ready for my use in the fridge already. These are very easy to make and took up barely 15minutes of my time inclusive of cleaning up.I prefer making them at least one day ahead because they are easier to fry straight out of the freezer and maintains their shape well compared to freshly made ones unless you put lots of breadcrumbs and flour or other binding materials. I for one dislike having too much form-holder in my patties. They are beef patties and are supposed to taste as such instead of having so much other stuff diluting the meaty goodness. Come on, if you wanna get those with lotsa flour or crumbs etc might as well save yourself the effort and get the store-ready-made ones. No? :P

Ingredients:
500g minced beef
1 big onion
5 cloves garlic
2 tbsp of black pepper corn (lightly crushed)
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp mixed herbs (thyme, rosemary, basil and marjoram) *optional* but if you omit this, I would suggest an extra 1-2 tbsp dried oregano
1 egg
2 tbsp bread crumbs (I made mine from old french loaf)
2-3 tbsp Worchester sauce
2 tsp salt

Methods:
1) Blend the onion and garlic in food processor to a paste.
2) Add everything together and mix well until they look dough-like.
3) Make into patties. I made mine into 10 patties cos I was going for smaller patties as sometimes the burger buns sold around my area is to the small side. You should make them into roughly 6-8 patties for medium sized buns.
4) Keep in freezer until ready to fry. Add a little butter to the oil when frying for best result ;P Cos you can never go wrong with butter.

Note:
Make sure you lined your container with aluminium foil or cling wrap for easier removal the next day or any other day after. I personally like using aluminium foil better as the meat do not stick at all on foil but a little on cling wrap even though it is removal...I used cling wrap for the second layer as I wanted to take photo. :P

The finished product served with a slice of ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and pickled onion.

Pickled onions are basically vinegar, a little sugar and salt on thinly sliced onions. Reason: I wanted to reduce the tang of the onions as not everyone like having the sharpness of onions in my family :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...