Friday 8 April 2016

Restoran Taima Hokkien Mee, Kota Kemuning

Despite being located in a pretty secluded area; far from the centre of a town etc, this small shop is quite popular with the locals staying nearby the area. That said, it is actually a branch from a pretty famous "Hokkien Mee" shop. Despite its name, they sell a lot of other hot food here. 


I just took down their opening hours here in case anyone's interested in trying them out.


I had their lime and sour plum juice which was a little too watery for me. I loved the one at Woo Pin Fish Head Noodles though.


Although the blanched vegetables looked a little limp, they actually tasted very good. I especially enjoyed the crispy bits from the fried garlic and the simple oyster sauce was the perfect complement to an otherwise plain dish.


The deep fried chicken wings would be an enjoyable dish if you loved fermented beancurd (tauju) as they were all marinated in the red velvety marinade before deep frying to a crispy gold. The wings were quite big size and were deliciously tender. However, they seemed to think we would need two wings each (even though we ordered only one set: 2 wings) and ended up giving us 4! They charged us for two sets so I think if 2 wings are sufficient, maybe that should be made clear to the waitress beforehand. ;)


In my opinion, the fried rice was the best of the lot. Fragrant, fluffy rice fried to perfection with bits of Chinese sausages and prawns made this my favourite~


The "Hokkien Mee" was not really up to my liking. I found it a little too bland despite it being the main star of this shop. Hubby seemed to like it just find so I guess that's pretty subjective.


Address: 
Restoran Taima Hokkien Mee,
Jln Sungai Burung AA32/AA, 
Bukit Rimau, 40460 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...