Monday 11 April 2016

Olive Garden, Mid Valley

This was a pretty new restaurant or bistro in Mid Valley. It serves mainly Italian food, DOHHH! As you can probably see for yourself below:


It was pretty packed as it was the weekend and we were pleasantly surprised to find friendly staffs and fast service. It was staffed by a full Filipino crew so it was really a big difference compared to some by mostly Malaysians.  I don't mean to be harsh but most of the bad experiences I have had in terms of service in eateries around KL were mostly from our own countrymen!

Anyway, we were informed politely by our server that all mains would come with complimentary bread basket, and a choice of either soup or salad which could be picked from the choices in their menu. The bread basket, soup and salad are also refillable!!!@@

Check out the slightly salty sweet buns below. They were quite nice and soft in the centre with big flecks of coarse salt sprinkled on top. I quite enjoyed it!



The drinks were bottomless too! OMG, this place really knows how to feed their patrons! 



Hubby had the creamy tomato-ish soup and I had their gnocchi soup. Both were not bad although their gnocchi were a little too doughy in my opinion. 



The complimentary warm rolls were slightly hard, reminiscent of the French loaves but they are good once you dip into the hot soup.


I would say the highlights were their pasta. I had the creamy seafood linguine and the seafood were amazing. I could still remember the juicy succulent prawns!


Hubby had the meatballs bolognaise. I am not a fan of bolognaise outside but I guess they were quite nice as he polished off the whole plate. Heh! The meatballs were juicy and tasty too!


OLIVE GARDEN
F051 Mid Valley
KL

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...