Friday 3 February 2017

Novotel Max Yangon, Myanmar


My stay here for 5 days 4 nights was quite comfortable, despite suffering from a bout of food poisoning from home. The standard room I had was complete with a fluffy albeit a little tall king-sized bed and house-keeping was prompt so it was an enjoyable experience. The room was quite spacious too! I guess the only complaint I have is probably the lack of view but as it's the basic room, I guess views come
at a different price.
Overall, the service was good even though there was quite a bit of misunderstanding as not all their staff understood English. They were very accommodating despite all that and would try their best to help.
The hotel is not located in the city itself so taking a cab to town would be advisable as it's not very expensive to do so. Fare can be haggled to about 2000-3000kyat per car.
Nevertheless, there is a small-ish mall located nearby where groceries or basic toiletries can be purchased. When I was there, they were preparing for the Chinese New Year celebration so lion dance practice was going on outside the mall.
I tried most of their restaurants except the French and my favourite would probably be their Japanese (even though I felt labelling it Korean would be more appropriate after looking at their menu). More on their restaurants in my next post...

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...