Thursday 9 February 2017

The Owls Cafe-New Chapter, KL

Can I just say I LOVE OWLS? This cafe is so close to my own heart that I was so excited to be there the first time that day.


It was literally decorated in owls and even the plates have owls on them. That alone would have guaranteed a visit from me but it helps that their food is good too.


It's quite busy in the afternoon but since we came a little after the normal lunch hour, it is quite alright. The crowd didn't deter a speedy service and our food arrived in a timely manner.


I simply love their smoked duck pasta although their bolognese didn't impress me much. I can't get enough of the seaweed in it but my husband didn't seem to care for it. The waffle on the other hand is outstanding. Even though I have never been a fan of Earl Grey or basically any tea-inspired ice cream, this dessert is amazing. The waffle was light and fluffy with crisp edges and I like the pretty colours from the strawberries and blueberries. The sourness was cut down by the sweet ice cream and salty coconut and almond flakes sprinkled lightly over the whole concoction. I don't understand the blue pea flower though, maybe that's just for aesthetics.

The hazelnut latte I ordered was average but oh well, overall this was a good visit. I will definitely come back!

The cafe was a little hard to notice unless you are looking for it because it's actually in a church building or something.

New Chapter (The Owls Cafe)
Calvary Convention Centre,
Jalan Jalil Perkasa 1,
Taman Teknologi Malaysia,
Bukit Jalil, KL.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...