Monday 10 August 2015

Shangri-La Hotel Kota Kinabalu

So, I have been staying in this hotel twice now and so far, no complaints...
Their service are quite good, rooms are clean but the only grip I have is they do not provide any shower foam. Instead, bars of soap are given...

Since the room is pretty good, I shall move on to their food. I tried their Ramadan buffet recently as well as quite a selection of their ala-carte, thanks to my being there for quite a few days. LOL

On a whole, food isn't bad but their coffee and Asian cuisine leaves me a little disappointed. Their oxtail assam pedas is a let-down... On a brighter note, I like their French onion soup although I can do without the mediocre garlic/cheese bread on the side and their seafood pasta is quite nice. It comes with quite a bit of seafood mixed in although you probably couldn't see it at first glance. Chicken chop comes in a quite big portion but I guess I can't complain much about it.







I guess if you are going to KK, this could be one of the hotel to consider although the price is probably not as cheap as Tune Hotel and is not as convenient as some as the only nearby food within 5 minutes walking distance is a KFC and some small convenience shop.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...