Sunday 30 August 2015

The Colonial TramCar Restaurant Melbourne, A Review

This is by far the best meal I had in Melbourne. Or is it one of the best meals? Hmm, I think it came pretty close between this one and Rice Paper Scissors. However, both have different appeals. I will talk more on Rice Paper Scissors later. The only complaint I have is their waiting area was really, really hot and uncomfortable.

The amount of people crammed into the small waiting area is just plain uncomfortable. And it was a really, really hot day as well.
 
 
 The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant is quite the novelty as you get to enjoy fine dining from a moving tram. went during lunch because that's the only slot we had available in our jam-packed planned itinerary. Coming here, I had no regrets. Unlike going to the Revolving Tower in Sydney for our dinner, I think this is a very affordable fine dining and the food + service was excellent!

Looks like something out of history books, eh?
Info about the Colonial Tramcar is available here: http://www.tramrestaurant.com.au/

But the summary of it would be as depicted below:


Scheduled Service Time Price
Luncheon – 4 Course Meal 1:00 – 3:00 pm $85 per person
Early Dinner – 3 Course Meal 5:45 – 7:15 pm $80 per person
Late Dinner (Sun-Thu) – 5 Course Meal 8:35 – 11:30 pm $121 per person
Late Dinner (Fri-Sat) – 5 Course Meal 8:35 – 11:30 pm $137.5 per person

I would suggest buying the tickets online through their website as it is really quite convenient but I think you can actually pay when you are there as well. We were attended to by a really jovial guy and the whole trip was really entertaining and lovely. I love their hummus and dip for appetizers. Fave being the orange colored one. Capsicum one I think. We had the duck and salmon for starters and both were excellent too. Mains are either beef or salmon. We did not try the salmon but the beef was done to perfection. I love mine a little rare and my sis preferred hers medium well. They managed to do that for both of us.

The rather blurry menu :X
 Some of the sights along the way.We had more shots but the first part of the journey was mostly spent eating. LOL


More food followed. We had a cheese platter, chocolate and coffee to end our meal. Liquor was available too and I had some Baileys. :D


When the 3 hour was up, it felt simply wonderful and I felt the experience was very enjoyable. So enjoyable that I booked another meal end of this year for my upcoming trip there with my soon-to-be-hubby! :D

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...