Monday 18 January 2016

Escapade Sushi, Miri

A franchise of the same namesake in Brunei, this sushi and Japanese eatery has always been popular with the local Mirian who would drive down to Brunei for a meal there. When they opened a branch in Miri (about time I think!), the crowd's response has been amazing. The queues were horrible and waiting lists each night was for hours. In fact, they were reserved daily for three weeks when I enquired about 2 months ago. Now, the enthusiasm has probably dwindled a little but booking are still necessary to secure a table. LOL.

Food was good and portions were generous and fair. For all the food below, the bill was still under RM200, so I would definitely be back as I no longer have to drive down to Brunei. Service was quite good as well and food arrived really promptly. I suspected the efficiency in part was to clear the table faster but no complaints there.











I forgot what were the names of all d food we ordered but the memorable ones included the seafood ramen which had an incredible amount of scallop, cuttlefish, prawns and mushrooms, the tuna tataki? Which came with my favourite sesame dressing and was really refreshing with the cucumber inside and Godzilla roll which had unagi and prawns. YUM! The sashimi (salmon) was thick and expertly cut. I dislike the ones with veins tangled inside when you bite (usual when amateur chefs cut the fish). Most people think cutting sashimi can be done by simply anyone but I personally find that to be untrue. 

Anyway, they are located at the Tanjong Lobang's Taman Selera which had ample parking but rather confusing entry points.



No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...