Tuesday 26 May 2009

Sports Cafe, Miri (NYUMMYYYY)

This place was recommended twice by two different friends so I decided to go over and give the food a try with my sis since we r pretty stumped on where to have our lunch...or isit dinner...anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised despite the first impression since we gotta go up the stairs to the shop to start and it was pretty "shady" with the dim lights and all...ahhaha...It is a very good place I guess to sit around for hours surfing the net on the free wifi or watching some reruns of TV shows or even listening to the music playing. The food was pretty reasonably priced for me and taste pretty good...My sis and I went there twice in three days I think...once for dinner and another time for breakfast...They are open at 7 am!!!! and closes around 10 or 11pm? Not sure...What I do know is that their service are EXCELLENT despite their mandarin-only service....oh well, they prolly get what I'm trying to say in my broken mandarin so everything's well...
I would personally recommend the fried chicken wings...if I'm not mistaken, they put in a lil fermented beancurd and the chili mixed with tomato sauce is pretty nice and reminds me of the sauce in McD...LOL
The Singapore BeeHoon is also very tasty but a lil spicy I think cause during my last visit, they seem to put in quite a lot of curry powder...hmmm....nevertheless...still nyummyyyy
The century egg with pork porridge however is a lil disappointing...not in terms of the taste...not much anyway...but the century egg depicted in the menu was like a whole egg cut into pieces but in the real thing, there were prolly less than half of a whole century egg put inside...Also, I think the pork smell a lil..."off"...I got a suspicion but won't be putting it up...*uhhh*
The lemon juice...not bitter...unlike lotsa shops which never wash the skin properly causing my juice to owes be bitter...
The cashew nut chicken was nice but it was more like celery fried with chicken cause the celery was wayyyy more than the chicken...
The baked cheesy chicken or sumthing with mango sauce...when this one came, I tot they put a whole lot of thousand island in it...(the spicy kind...forgot the name...). Then I remembered I ordered the mango sauce...so my conclusion is that the t.i.sauce is prolly the mango sauce but I dun rili recall getting any taste of mango so....hahaha
However, this one is quite nyummy but after the half bowl, you'll prolly feel that it is a lil too much...honestly...I wouldnt pair mayo with cheesy stuff so much cause you'll actually feel sick if consumed in large quantities...(one whole plate count as too large a quantity for me). LOL
The golden fried rice...it was recommended by the steward that nite..or isit just a waiter?hm...it comes with fish roe...nyummyyyy....but actually it tastes just like a good fried rice...delicious but pretty normal...=) except for the fish roe's addition...
Our iced Neslo and Milo

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...