Monday 16 November 2015

20-minutes Chicken in Oyster Sauce Recipe

I love having my Oyster Chicken with potatoes and carrots. But as I do not have these on hand, I modified it a little and used a handful of French beans and some broccoli stalks instead. Again, this is a very simple recipe which involves little monitoring and just cooking time is necessary.

Ingredients:

2 large drumsticks
100g french beans
6-8 stalks of broccoli
A big dollop of oyster sauce
6 cloves of garlic or 1 small onion
Hard boiled egg


1) Marinate the drumstick with the oyster sauce. Do NOT throw away the marinade after you are done.
2) Heat up oil and brown the onions or garlic. Put in the drumsticks on their own (without the marinade). Brown the outside of the drumsticks.
3) Add in all the vegetables and 250ml of water with the marinade (more or less until the chicken and veggies are covered).
4) Fire up the stove until the water boils and then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or more, Add in the boiled egg too if you have any!

PS: If using potatoes and carrot, simmering for longer time is OK. The reason I simmer for shorter period is because I do not want my veggies to wither. If you want to cook the chicken longer, remove the veggies first.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...