Tuesday 10 November 2015

A Spoonful of Sugar, Changi Village

When we talk about delicious waffles and homemade ice-cream in Singapore, never would it cross most of our minds to contemplate going to Changi Village for these. Surprisingly, on a recent trip out here for dinner, I found this quaint shop tucked away in the middle of this quiet strip of shops. The setup is quite pretty with a very eclectic taste in terms of decoration and lightings. This shop would be a perfect spot for some quiet time for after-meals coffee or even to catch up with friends. 



My friend had an iced chocolate and we shared a waffle with salted caramel ice cream! We shared as we just came from a very heavy dinner at 89.7 Supper Club with the rest of my colleagues before that. The iced chocolate was alright and quite rich but I am not really a fan of iced cocoa drinks so I guess that would not be really objective. 



On the other hand, the waffle and the ice cream was really extraordinarily good! I had the thick waffle and it was so crispy on the edges while maintaining its soft and fluffy interior. I couldn't get enough of the ice cream; the creamy nutty taste with a lightly salty after-taste. When the waffle first came out, I was quite apprehensive especially with the colorful rice dotting the whole thing. It made it look a little childish and I was preparing myself for a sub-standard waffle and ice cream. Turns out I was pleasantly surprised. They even put a lot of crunchy almond bits all over the ice cream and waffle so I had a nice crunch with each soft bite!


A Spoonful of Sugar
Blk 4 Changi Village Road #01-2072

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...