Sunday 22 November 2015

Crispy Oatmeal Fried Chicken Recipe

I like my fried chicken. When I saw a huge bottle of oats left in the house, I was immediately inspired to make some crispy oatmeal fried chicken! The recipe is simple and could be prepared in less than 5 minutes (excluding the time taken for cutting up the chicken breast and pulling off their skin).

Ingredients:
2 small chicken breast (Or isit one set of chicken breast?)
Salt and pepper to taste (I used 2 tsp and 1 tsp each)
2 tbsp corn flour
5 heaping tbsp of whole oats + 1 tsp of fine sugar (mix well)

Turmeric infused oil (basically leftover oil from my Simple Turmeric Fried Chicken); plain oil will do too! Or if you want, you can mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder into the marinade.

1) Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper and corn flour. Leave for 15 minutes or as long as you wish. Longer marinating means you have to keep your chicken in the chiller.

2) Spread out the whole oats on a big plate and cover the chicken liberally with them. Press lightly on both sides to make them stick.

Note: Usually other recipes might require an egg to wet the chicken so the oats will stick. In this case, I feel the wetness from the chicken will make the corn flour on them sticky enough that the oats will stay on them. 

3) Heat up oil and fry the chicken to golden brown color like mine!

Note: I use hot oil but upon putting in my chicken, I lowered them to medium-low fire. Also, avoid turning your chicken too often so the oats do not fall off. I fry them on medium fire for a good 5 minutes before turning over to the other side. Again, the fire depends on your stove settings. I would say leave them for 5 minutes on medium fire before turning them over.

Try to minimize turning them as much as possible. 



Good luck!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...