Monday 21 September 2015

Day 1 Itinery in Gold Coast, Australia + Draculas Cabaret Show


Once we landed in the Gold Coast's Airport (Coolangatta Airport), we proceeded first to from Gold Coast Info Centre to purchase our GoCard. In case you do not know, GoCard is an electronic ticket that lets you travel on all TransLink's network of bus, train, ferry and tram services. They needed a AUD10 deposit but we put in about another AUD50 I think to make sure we have enough to travel around. However, we didn't know at the time we went there was a promotion for their public transportation so we ended up not spending that much. However, the balance would only be credited back to your credit card so do be careful you are not putting in too much. You can always reload around the convenience stores in town.




We took the Bus Route 777 (Airport, Burleigh Heads, Broadbeach) located outside the airport to Broadbeach South Station, Stop B which is the last bus stop. Then we transferred to the tram service (GLKN: Broadbeach to Gold Coast University Hospital) to Cavill Avenue Station. After we checked in at our hotel, Grand Chancellor Hotel at Cnr Surfers Paradise Blvd & Hanlan St (read more about my review here-coming soon), we decided to quickly grab a bite for breakfast but it was quite late already and we had plans for a river cruise (Blue Water Cruise), so we consoled ourselves with thoughts of tea break onboard the cruise (more on that HERE) and started walking around Surfers' Paradise towards the pier.




Finally when we were done with the cruise, we managed to get a late lunch. Food was great and pretty reasonable I think. Portion was big as well but I did not keep track of the restaurant's name. All I could remembered was there was lots of birds trying to steal my fries! @@ And I lost of my photos of food and their restaurants when my laptop screwed up. So... :((((

UPDATE: I found the cafe's name! 

Surfers Beach Cafe & Takeaway

4-40 Esplanade Surfers Paradise QLD 4217  

Mocha! With Huge Burger and Fish N Chips!

After some shopping at Circle on Cavill's Cavill Mall, we dropped by my long-awaited spot, Jupiters!!! Okay, I'm not addicted to gambling. I'm just excited. For the free coffee of course and maybe a shot at the tables. LOL. Suffice to say, I left Jupiters feeling really happy. :D



Next, it's about a kilometer walk from Jupiters to our planned Draculas Cabernet + Dinner for the night! A kilometre is pretty alright when you have company even though I was already complaining halfway through. We booked online and although seating starts at 7pm, when we arrived, there was already a long queue. I would say the show was pretty enjoyable and the menu quite fancy but compared to Phuket's Cabaret, it was definitely lower on the entertainment scales. I did not have photos but if I do find any *fingers crossed* I will update this post. I remembered their dessert best because it was served in a nyummy chocolate coffin! Hahaha.

Anyway, since I have no photos I decided to put up their menu instead and my take on them.


I know. Their menu are really suggestive. OMG. Or isit just me? Heh! Anyway, I think their pork belly is AMAZING while the chicken and salmon are alright. I am not too much of a fan of their chicken to be honest as it was rather bland to me. Dessert was NYUM and I finished mine but some of the other patrons left theirs pretty much untouched. So...I guess that's pretty subjective.

Along the way up to the banquet hall, we passed some pretty gruesome horror displays and you will see all the *ahem* vampires lounging around showing you the way + putting on shows of shouting and screeching :S


Draculas Cabaret was located at 1 Hooker Blvd, Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia.
Tickets ranges from AUD 90-95 per person.

Check out my Day 2 in Gold Coast too!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...