Tuesday 6 October 2015

Homemade Fish Head Noodles, Mid Valley - A Review


This was an unexpected find. We were buying our spectacles and busy bargaining until we lost track of time. By the time we were done it was already close to 10pm. Most shops would have been closed or were closing but suprisingly, this one was still open. They only started keeping some of their tables outside close to 11 I think which was really good for late shoppers like us.

The unassuming facade created the illusion the food would be mediocre but surprisingly, the food was amazing and very very affordable especially considering its location! I admit, we did not walk here with high expectations but rather because it was one of the few shops in Mid Valley still open.


We had the Shrimp Preserved Vegetables Fried rice (which was amazing! And it's not just my hungry stomach talking), XO Minced meat porridge in claypot (another great dish although a little spicy than what I am accustomed to for porridge), Mongolian Sauce Sliced Beef with Beancurd and Fried Fish Head with Yee Mee. The Mongolian Beef was rather similar to sweet and sour sauce and was quite alright especially with the soft on the inside but crispy on the outside beancurd. The soup from the Fried Fish Head noodles was out of this world but I was not a fan of the fried fish because it was a river fish and had the "muddy" smell common in these types of fish. It also had a lot of tiny bones. Regardless, the noodles and soup was great. Once you dip the fish into the soup, the smell I mentioned was pretty much gone.

I would recommend the three layer tea so famous in Sarawak, but available here. It tasted really good too so please give it a try. I don't undertstand how could I have missed this shop before but now that I found it,  I would probably be back!

Home Made Fish Head Noodles
G(E)-015,  Ground Floor, Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra,
59200 KL.


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...