Monday 12 October 2015

Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul, Sunway Pyramid - A Review

Yay! After finishing our pre-wedding course, instead of heading straight home, and also instead of the wantan I was promised, we went to Sunway instead. *hint* I wanted to have some coffee in some of the new cafes there but along the way, we went in a chocolate cafe which turns us off and as we got up and walked off, we passed Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul. The chee cheong fun image at the window stopped me and we decided to have something *ahem* light before an early dinner later.

It's not our first time but I always felt the food and drinks (cendul) here tasted slightly different from the one in Penang Road. Anyway, I guess that's to be expected since it's 350km (more or less) away from home. :P
Regardless, business is still usually brisk whenever we passed, so...maybe lots of people have the same thoughts? :P


For light bites, we had the assam laksa and the chee cheong fun. I did not really enjoy the laksa despite their warm service (I asked for extra prawn paste like usual and was greeted with a smile and promptly served with another saucer of the paste). I find the broth a little lacking in taste and somehow missed the mark of my definition of how a good bowl of assam laksa should be. That aside, we still frequented this place mainly because it is funny how we forgot how we felt about the food after a few months. It could be when I felt like it we didn't pass the shops I preferred.. :S 
Note to self: Go to Nyonya Colors for Laksa instead!

The chee cheong fun was also....not high in my "must-eat" list. They put a small amount of prawn paste and a huge amount of rather thick, lumpy sweet sauce on the side. After stirring them together, they tasted alright but I wish they were more like one small shop I absolutely loved in Penang (Outside Seow Fong Lye Cafe at Macalister Lane!)


Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul
LG2.90, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall,
No.3, Jalan PJS 11/15,
Bandar Sunway,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor.


Business Hour:
10am - 10pm daily


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...